Kyowa Company Limited Approach to CSR
Kyowa Company Limited has established CSR Basic Policies based on the following basic policies of the company:
- 1. Be a company trusted by customers
- 2. Establish a trusting relationship within the company
- 3. Be a company trusted by society
CSR Basic Policies
- Promote CSR management integrated with global business strategies, aiming at development and harmonization of business and society.
- Have our activities acknowledged by customers and society and seek to maintain and improve such activities corresponding promptly with the changing environment.
- Positively promote environmental management and aim at ‘Symbiosis with the Global Environment’.
- Share the idea for developing Hyponica products - ‘Provide healthy, safe and secure products and services’ - with all of our businesses.
- Promote basic CSR activities such as compliance and risk management.
- Make efforts to improve satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders, and build steady and trusting relationships.
Kyowa Company Limited
Kyowa Group - Code of Conduct
- Kyowa Group will give first priority on respect for human life, safety and maintenance of good health in all areas of our business activities.
- Kyowa Group will aim at symbiosis with the global environment and value nature and life.
- Kyowa Group will, through our business activities, contribute to the development of countries where we have our offices. We will also participate actively in environmental conservation activities through our Hyponica products in order to seek co-existence and co-prosperity with local societies.
- Kyowa Group will respect the culture and customs of the countries relevant to our business activities.
- Kyowa Group will respect the positions of our shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers and local residents and make efforts to communicate with stakeholders, when performing our business activities.
- Kyowa Group will respect human rights of all people involved in our business activities including the employees, and will prohibit child labor and forced labor.
- Kyowa Group will prohibit words and actions that may hurt the dignity of individuals based on sex, authority or position, and any other harassment.
- Kyowa Group will respect personalities and characters of the employees, accept the diversity of race, sex, religion, etc. of the employees and ensure a safe and pleasant working environment to realize comfortable and affluent lives of the employees.
- Kyowa Group will comply with local laws as well as social norms. We will not have relationships with any individuals or bodies that interfere with social order or healthy business activities.
- Kyowa Group will comply with laws concerning industrial health and safety and rules established for prevention of industrial accidents. We will promote forming a comfortable working environment and will not act counter to these objectives.
- Kyowa Group will respond faithfully with all customers and comply with fair and proper business conditions when performing our business activities such as procurement and marketing. Kyowa Group will not countenance bribery and will not be involved in any forms of corruption.
- Kyowa Group will acknowledge the importance of intellectual properties including trade secrets. We will respect others’ valid rights and protect and utilize our own rights.
- Kyowa Group will, in our business activities, keep and make necessary records and reports correctly and clearly in accordance with laws and regulations, and file such records, books and reports appropriately. We will perform adequate information management to prevent leakage of trade secrets and personal information we possess.
Kyowa Group - Rules of Conduct
- We will strive to provide safe and confidential products and services to our customers.
- We will make efforts to secure disaster prevention and safety and maintain health in all stages of our business activities including development, procurement, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, use and disposal.
- We will make efforts to preserve environment and provide products and services that reduce pressure on environment in all stages of our business activities including development, procurement, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, use and disposal.
- We will contribute to society through our business activities. We will seek co-existence with society and perform social action programs.
- We will respect cultures and customs of the countries where Kyowa Group conducts business activities, and seek co-existence and co-prosperity with local societies.
- We will properly disclose information on business management and business activities to our stakeholders. We will faithfully respond to opinions and information from our stakeholders.
- We will respect human rights of all persons engaged in our business activities including employees and prohibit any discrimination and harassment.
- We will respect personalities, characters and diverse values of the employees and will make efforts to have them exercise their abilities and realize job satisfaction and self-fulfillment.
- We will prohibit illegal transactions and will avoid suspicious behaviors.
- We will comply with laws concerning industrial health and safety and rules established for prevention of industrial accidents. We will secure safety and health, promote forming a comfortable working environment, and will not act counter to such objectives.
- We will not seek personal benefit by abusing job position or by information available through one’s job. Also, we will draw lines between public and private, and will not misuse company’s assets.
- We will comply with laws and customs of the countries where we do business.
- We will carry out fair and clear transactions.
- We will acknowledge that intellectual properties are important properties for the company and make efforts to protect and utilize our intellectual property rights. We will take care not to usurp intellectual property rights of other companies.
- We will make efforts to fairly collect, precisely record and appropriately file information, as well as to secure confidentiality.
System (Organization) for Promoting CSR
Construct Cross-sectional CSR System on a Company-wide Basis
Kyowa has constructed a system to substantiate CSR activities responding to the expectations of stakeholders and to promote CSR smoothly. CSR activities are verified by the CSR Committee, a cross-sectional organization led by the CEO, held once a year..
Organization Chart (Kyowa Group)
Environment · CSR
About an environmental measure
Kyowa Co., Ltd. Head Office/Sasayama Factory
Our Basic Philosophy
As a responsible member of society, which is the most important issue of preserving the global environment, Kyowa Co., Ltd. strives to reduce the burden on the environment through the business activities involved in the manufacture of plastic injection molded products,manufactured goods and assemblies.
Our Basic Policy
We Kyowa Co., Ltd. Head Office/Sasayama Factory establish a system that emphasizes compliance in order to reduce waste, energy, resources, and exhaust gases that affect the environment, we will promote environmental management activities based on the following policy and aim at harmony with the global environment and prevent pollution.
1- Compliance of Environment
Our company is going to effort for following preservation of environment in the law and regulations.
2- Promotion for Saving Energy
We will reduce waste by using resources effectively and also promote to purchase and supply of environmentally friendly products and simplify the packing work.
3- Enlightenment of Environmental protection activity
We will inform and educate all employees of our environmental policy so that each employee can conduct environmental load reduction activities.
4- Continuous Improvement of Environmental Management Activities
we set environmental objectives andenvironmental achievement level, and we will regularly review them to perform our environmental policy. We strive to continuously improve our environmental management activities.
5- Management of Chemical Substances
We will try to increase the management level of chemical substances and products containing chemicals.
Kyowa Co., Ltd. Tsukuba Factory
Kyowa Co., Ltd. Tsukuba factory, plays a social roll through its business activities related to manufacturing, assembly and plastic molding. Our business activities are intended to achieve by collateral with the global environment conservation and development of our plants. We will promote environmental management campaigns through our business activities.
Guidelens of Action
1- To promote environmental management activities, we set objectives and specific goals, and review on a regular basis. For to prevent pollution and continual improvement.
2- We promote green procurement while promoting the improvement of operational efficiency, reduce waste, savings of energy and resources and environmentally friendly production.
3-We will comply with the requirements of other laws our plants agree. and regulations of global environmental protection.
Environmental Mission Statement
Not only but the future generations as well as can coexist and prosper with the affluent and beautiful Earth forever. We will make effort to produce responsibly for good environment.
Based on Environmental Mission Statement we will consider environmental protection as our prime concern and act as per below mentioned basic principles.
Abide by the laws regarding environment
To make efforts to abide by the law and regulations regarding the environment and endeavors to environmental preservation improvement.
Promote Saving of energy and resources
To endeavour to recycle and effectively use every resource with recognition that, it is limited. In addition reduce the wastage through those activities.
Activities to Enhance the preservation of the environment
To expect our employees and cooperative companies to understand and co-operate towards the preservation of the environment by sharing with them our environmental principle.
To procure materials, parts, facilities. which has reduced environmental impact.
Continuous improvement of environmental management activities
To continuously improve our environmental management activities by reviewing periodically our environmental objectives and goals, for realization of our environmental policy.